August 3, 2012

Street and Nye


Nye
3,895 feet  |  ranked 45/46 in height  |  14th peak climbed
Street
4,166 feet  |  ranked 31/46 in height  |  15th peak climbed

My sister and I wanted to take advantage of the cabin rental and associated proximity to the trailheads to get in another high peak or two.  Since Erwin had already headed home to take care of the cats, my parents would be staying with Frankie for the day.  Out of loyalty and appreciation, Erin and I decided to tackle a hike my folks had already completed: Street and Nye.  This had the advantage of being a relatively short hike, which was comforting for me, not knowing how Frankie would do all day without me in a strange place (of course he was fine; he had a blast).  It was also a good choice for skill/confidence building, given our limited experience with trailless peaks. 


The wooded summit of Nye
Erin with the summit marker
At the summit of Street
Street was Erin's 8th high peak
There are views to be found on the Street summit ridge.  A little extra height  helps see over the trees.
View of the MacIntyres from Street
As with Tabletop, I loved this hike, despite the lack of significant views. The herd path follows a brook for much of the ascent, making for a very pleasant climb. I look forward to returning again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment