November 7, 2019

FLT/NCT: South Danby Road to Route 96B


For this hike, I parked on in the small NYSDEC lot on South Danby Road and hiked east on the Finger Lakes Trail (FLT), which carries the North Country National Scenic Trail (NCT).  After about 1.0 mile, the trail turns north, then after a bit more, crosses the seasonal Travor Road.

starting the hike on South Danby Road



trying to stay visible during bow season

Travor Road crossing

spur trail to Tamarack Lean-to


Route 96B
my turnaround spot on previous hike



Despite the forecast for overcast skies, it precipitated for the entire duration of my hike.  It started out as rain, but as the temperature dropped, converted to an icy mix.  I was never cold, due to the steep slopes I was traversing -- the work of climbing all those hills kept me plenty warm.  MapMyRide  tracked the hike at 5.7 miles with 970 feet elevation gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment